Thursday, October 1, 2015

My goals

Even though my initial reason of learning Japanese was just to be able to explore the Japanese cuisine in Tokyo in the native langue, I am going to have high standards for myself as I am in JPN 101. Hopefully, by the end of my sophomore year, after taking JPN 101 and 102, I will be able to converse in Japanese about quotidian topics and practice speaking the language in Japan in the summer 2016. 

Here are my specific goals:
---Converse about everyday topics with full proficiency.
---Sound natural so that native speakers can understand me without problems
---Able to read signs and words in a Japanese supermarket or on the street.

Here is what I'll do to achieve the goals:
---Come to office hours to practice speaking every week.
---Shadow audio files on blackboard every week.
---Go to Japanese Student Association events that interest me.
---Go to Japanese tables every week or every other week.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea with JSA. They have really cool events like translation work and even mentoring Japanese students. It'd be a cool way to improve your Japanese to a more native level by picking up vocab/slang.

    ReplyDelete